Sunday 24 February 2013

Uses Of Olive Oil For Beauty

USES OF OLIVE OIL


The plain, old, as well as cheap, olive oil is a frequent ingredient in my beauty regimen. Rich in polyphenols, antioxidants such as vitamins E and K, and essential fatty acids, olive oil can actually help delay aging in an amazing way. I believe there is more than one way we can use olive oil for beauty purposes.

1. Facial Moisturizer 
I don’t know about you, but I love using oil on my face so much. It has, to some degree, saved my eye wrinkles from becoming “crepey.”
2. Hand Moisturizer 
If you have ignored to pamper your hands in your beauty regime, it’s time to give them some well-deserved attention. Lack of maintenance can lead to unsightly wrinkles on hands. Another benefit of using olive oil as a hand moisturizer is that it can provide moisture to cuticles and make your nail polish last longer.
3. Hair Conditioner
Have you ever tried using hot oil treatment on your hair? It can restore moisture in your hair shafts, making your hair look softer and less dry. I like mixing egg yolk and olive oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. I think this method works better for me, because it’s less time-consuming. You can also rub olive oil on your hair to prevent frizz.
4. Body Moisturizer/Scrub
Depending on how you use it, olive oil can be a body moisturizer or body scrub. To use it as a body moisturizer, simply rub some olive oil on your damp skin. To use it as a body scrub, add some sugar to make a paste.
5. Makeup Remover
The cleansing ability of olive oil is quite good. It can remove my light make-up nicely. I also have the impression that removing my eye make-up with olive oil can be moisturizing. Don’t forget you can massage your face and neck (if you apply any make-up on the neck) while cleansing.
6. Sunscreen Remover
I can’t find any evidence suggesting that olive oil can remove water proof sunscreen. But I’ve used it to remove sunscreen on my limbs for more than a few times, and it works. If you’re like me, too busy (or lazy?) to look for a suitable body wash, you may want to give olive oil a go. But people said it can be messy at times.
7. Wax Wipes
When the finish wipes of my wax stripes are running out (which is a frequent occurrence), I used mineral oil to wipe off the wax residue. But I decided to go adventurous and replace mineral oil with olive oil. Olive oil may even be better than mineral oil, because it’s completely natural.
8. Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)
Olive oil, coupled with castor oil, can be used to clean your face, but you may need to adjust the ratio of the oils according to your skin type. For dry skin, you will need more olive oil. I still can’t get over the mental obstacle of cleansing my face with oil without using a normal cleanser, so I can’t tell whether oil cleansing method will work or not. I’ve heard people raving about it though.
Olive oil can actually be applied to anywhere on your skin and body. Have you tried anything above?

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO BUY:
Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 51-Ounce Bottle
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WHPNI0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000WHPNI0&linkCode=as2&tag=httpwwwbea0a7-20&linkId=G65VEGEY6DTH45CP"

No comments:

Post a Comment